Friday, February 22, 2013

Banana Toast

I can't believe my half marathon is already here. Tomorrow I will be running 13.1 miles. Ah! And of course, a cold attacks the very week of my race. Therefore, I'm really looking for food to fuel me..and to heal me! It's been a lot of vitamin C this week...kiwi, oranges, brussels sprouts. And also this toast.
Peanut butter and banan toast is my pre-run go to dish. I spiced it up a bit and added a little more flavor.  It's delicious even for mornings when I'm not running!

Banana Toast

1 slice of whole wheat toast
1 banana, sliced
1 tbsp. peanut butter (or almond butter)
1 tbsp. chia seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
honey 
1/8 C raisins

Toast your bread in a toaster oven (or with the broiler in your oven, if you don't have a toaster like me :] ). Spread the peanut butter on the toast while it's still warm. This will make it nice and gooey. Place the sliced bananas on top of the peanut butter and top with honey. Sprinkle the chia seeds and cinnamon over the toast. The honey will help it stick nicely. Finish by topping with raisins (not pictured here).
And now you're all set!

Half marathon, here I come!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...