Monday, February 18, 2013

sunday soup

Sunday is a perfect day for cooking, napping, and snuggling on the couch. With the cold weather (and even a little snow this weekend!) soup has seemed like the perfect thing to cook. So I opened up my new cookbook and found a recipe that seemed to fit the mood--french winter vegetable soup.
I really stepped out of my comfort zone here. Turnips, parsnips, celery root, fennel bulb...
Even as a nutrition major, I had never seen these root vegetables before. They were a little intimidating at first. But once I got to chopping, I realized they are just like any other vegetables. Celery root has nothing on me and my Komachi knife...
Hope you are starting off the week strong...Stay warm!
xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...