Sunday, December 1, 2013

giving thanks

our thanksgiving day could not have been any more wonderful. well, maybe if i got to watch the parade  [my favorite part of the day!], but the boys were watching soccer. i'll catch it next year! 
scofield and i arrived at my parent's house late morning, and we cooked, lingered over conversation, and relaxed all.day.long. [okay, relaxed after the cooking] mom tried a new recipe for the turkey and had to get a little creative in the brining process. holidays..always an adventure in the king household...seriously. i remember one year when we sat down to eat thanksgiving dinner, only to realize my mom had forgotten to turn on the oven ;). never a dull moment. i would have more photos of the food but we didn't eat until about 6 pm and it was already dark. the lighting just wasn't working for me. but i did snag a few pictures of the pumpkin cheesecake....
^my new favorite hobby: setting the table. my younger self would never believe it...
^white chocolate pumpkin cheesecake! recipe coming soon...
^ still loving my west elm candles. they're perfect for the holidays.
our thanksgiving menu: blue cheese macaroni and cheese [hands down best mac&cheese i've ever had], sweet potato casserole, maple glazed brussels sprouts, pineapple casserole, sweet potato and rosemary biscuits, stuffing bread, broccoli casserole, and of course, turkey.

and because i can't help but blabber about all i'm thankful for, here it goes:
1. my loving husband and best friend. he fights for our marriage every day, pushes me to be the best version of myself, and makes me laugh all.the.time.
2. my family that is close by and always willing to help and support us
3. a church community where special friendships have been made and where i'm taught the truth every week, and every day [through my husband, who is poured into by his colleagues/boss and then pours into me]
4. the lord's provision in our life...he never fails... when i stop and think about it, i can't help but give thanks every day
5. this little life we're building and all that it consists of - our home, our routines, our new traditions...

5 comments :

  1. I am always amazed by your creativity and I feel so honored that I had a little bit to do with your talent, that is that you are my child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful spread! That pumpkin cheesecake looks amazing, and blue cheese mac and cheese sounds so good! Glad you had a great holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks amanda! i hope yours was wonderful as well! :)

      Delete
  3. Haha, that's so funny she forgot the oven! Thanksgiving seems like such a fun, happy day! I've never tried pumpkin in a dessert, but the cheesecake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should definitely try it...it's the best!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...