Friday, January 24, 2014

date night in: s'mores by the fire

living on a budget, scofield and i are always trying to think of creative and cheap date ideas. i think this is one of my favorite so far...indoor s'mores! we threw on our coziest clothes and enjoyed a night together right in the comfort of our own home.
scofield was on fire duty, so i took care of the s'more preparations. i lost my fire privileges a long time ago as a camp counselor when i took my middle school girls on an over-night hiking and camping trip, and then couldn't get the fire started to make our dinner. the director of the camp had to come find us in the dark and make our fire. from then on, i decided that was the end of any fire-making endeavors for me... 
of course, we quickly found out this could be a fire hazard...so if you plan on making indoor s'mores, be careful! :)
have a happy happy weekend! xoxo.

9 comments :

  1. oh my gosh! I want a fireplace. NOW! This would be so perfect in these cold, wintery days here in New York :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! This makes me want a fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smores date!! One day.... I shall find a soul to try this with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks Lovely! I have to admit that I've never tried smores, but they look really tasty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, you have to try them! They are so simple and so delicious!

      Delete
  5. I love this! What a perfect date night! I'm aching for a fireplace now...maybe I'll add it to my ever growing "dream house" list. xoxo Arianna

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so cute and romantic! Now I'm craving s'mores!! Such a cute idea for a date night in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO adorable! Such a fun and smart date idea! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! :) Don't have a fireplace so can't really try it, but very into the idea of having an actual date in your own home as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...