Monday, January 12, 2015

morning mocha smoothie


this smoothie could probably feed two, but i always gobble it up on my own. it's full of protein, natural carbohydrates, and has no added sugar [unless you decide to add a little honey]. i love the way the natural sugars from the banana combine with the cocoa powder making it a sweet, tasty treat. the tart of the greek yogurt and the coffee give it a nice little kick. it's a great way to start the day and will keeping you going, full force, until lunch time.

morning mocha smoothie


ingredients:
  • 2 bananas, frozen
  • 3/4 cup strong coffee, chilled
  • 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
  • 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
  • 1 tbsp. peanut butter
  • 1 tbsp. honey, optional
  • splash of vanilla extract

combine all the ingredients in a blender. blend until smooth. serve immedately.

enjoy!

8 comments :

  1. this looks yummy. i love breakfast foods.

    xo.

    milaadams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This looks so good. I'm a sucker for smoothies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just saying the other day how I don't usually like drinking a smoothie before having my coffee and I NEED my coffee, but this solves my problem! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks delicious, yummy! lovely photos too Lauren! have a nice week :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...