Wednesday, December 11, 2013

new york city, part 1

on saturday, katie and i made our first stop at the brooklyn bridge. it was cold, but boy was it beautiful. we had lovely views of the city, the sun was shining, and well...i just love walking.
after the bridge we had brunch in brooklyn. we stumbled upon the cutest little restaurant [and other adorable ones along the way]. it was so hard to decide which one we wanted to go to, so we just made a decision - pretty much feeling like we'd hit jackpot at any of them.
^oh, and meet katie. she's adorable. i just want to put her in my pocket and keep her with me always. i'm not kidding...also, she's the bravest person i know. maybe if she's in my pocket that brave will rub off on me...
^and don't get me started on the christmas decorations...everywhere. it was amazing. i'm seriously thinking about making a trip to new york at christmas a tradition.
^i love all the colors of the bikes here. heck, i just love that there were bikes everywhere. my freshman year of college, i begged my dad for a bike. so for my birthday, he got me a cute little light blue one with a basket to ride around campus. i was so so excited...and then i rode it. no one really rode bikes at my school...at least not little blue cruisers with baskets. there were also minimal bike lanes, and because it wasn't a road bike, riding it on the road was kinda dangerous...and really awkward. so it sat there, all year long. then i took it back home and it's been sitting in my parent's garage ever since. i'm still trying to convince my dad i'm going to come get it and paint over the rust [whoops] and start riding it. really, i am....
^a salted caramel chocolate chip cookie from ovenly, but the bakery should be called heavenly...
oh new york, you've stolen my heart...

2 comments :

  1. Funnn!! I've always wanted to got to NYC during Christmas time! You are only fueling my fire!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...