Monday, January 5, 2015

reading list


one of the main things on my christmas list this year were books. i was so excited to have my wish fulfilled, as one of my new years resolutions is to read more. these books have been on my list for a while, so i can't wait to dive into all of them.

bossypants by tina fey -  i've heard this book is hilarious and a must read. i'm always up for a book that gives me a good laugh!

wheat belly by william davis - with a profession in nutrition, i'm really interested to read this book and hear davis's perspective on wheat.

plate to pixel by helene dujardin - i've been ancy to do more research on food photography and get some more practice in. the internet has a lot of resources, but there's just something about having all the information you need to know in a book, in one place.

the honest life by jessica alba - i always start off the new year by establishing some health goals and kicking my nutrition regimen into high gear with more exercise and healthy eating. (i'm always ready for it after a month of holiday goodies). i thought this would be the perfect time to add this book to my list.

a beautiful mess happy handmade home - i've already spent a lot of time browsing this book and i am in love. there are so many fun, cute ideas for decorating your home. and considering we are still fresh, new, homeowners, i'm storing away so many ideas! can't wait to start some projects.


what's on your reading list!?

8 comments :

  1. great list! im currently reading "all fall down" and "yes please" -- i have a few baby books to read before little violet arrives too :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've heard yes please is great! definitely adding that to my list :)

      Delete
  2. I read bossypants a couple of month ago and I literally couldn't stop laughing. I honestly didn't expect it to be so funny cause I didn't know that Tina Fey was so entertaining. In case you're looking for a good read, I'm reading Not that Kind of Girl right now, and it's turning out pretty good.

    xo.

    milaadams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, good to know - i'll check that one out! so excited to read bossypants...i hear its hilarious!

      Delete
  3. If you like Bossy Pants then you will love Minday Kaling's book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bossy Pants was SO SO good- I listened to it on audiotape and it was short, sweet, and a great way to kill the last hours of our cross-country road trip in the car. My fiance keeps sending books from his reading list recommended by our priest (we're Greek Orthodox Christian,) so I'm looking forward to diving into some of them and really being more active in my faith. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I think it's finally time I cracked open Gone Girl... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm excited to dive into bossypants! i heard great things...and gone girl...i'll have to check that one out too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...