Monday, December 17, 2012

5 Minute Paleo Chocolate Cake

When I was doing Whole30 for one month, I stumbled across this recipe for paleo chocolate cake in a mug. I tried it once, and I was hooked. I think I had it a couple nights in a row that week. Now, I don't necessarily recommend such a frequency...but I definitely do recommend making it!

5 Minute Paleo Chocolate Cake

Also found here on the PaleOMG blog.

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
  • 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons almond flour (or meal)
  • 2 tablespoons oil (walnut, canola, olive, or coconut)
  • 2 tablespoons raw honey
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • a pinch of salt
  • a pinch of cinnamon
Combine all of the ingredients in a small mug. Stir and mix. Place in the microwave for 60 seconds (or more like 57-58 seconds if you like it a little more gooey). The top of the cake will be moist and gooey (my favorite part!) and the base of the cake will be more cake like. Top with chocolate chips if you wish. Enjoy!
Happy Monday!
lauren




2 comments :

  1. Sounds so good, but the only chocolate in the chocolate cake is the chocolate chips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my goodness, you are so right. just fixed it - there is cocoa powder in there!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...