Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Weekend at Sharp Top Cove


We spent a weekend in the mountains of Jasper, GA building, breaking things, cleaning, serving, and hanging out with friends. Doing work crew for a weekend is always a humbling experience. It amazes me what work goes in to just a weekend of Young Life camp. It is a beautiful depiction of the love of Christ and hard work at its finest.
And lucky us, we got to serve while hanging alongside these cool folks..
Well, this is some of them. Precious, right!?
Some construction in progress...
Confession: I hung around the construction site just so I could take pictures of the colorful tools...whoops. I preferred helping out in the dining hall. After all, I will be working with food for a living...
And I still can't believe that I get to keep this one ^ forever...
Work wasn't only completed outdoors, but we also had people helping out in other areas of camp, such as the snack bar. During free moments I enjoyed hanging out there...it's the cutest.
It was certainly a weekend well spent.

What did you enjoy over the weekend?
Cheers!
lauren

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...