Friday, January 18, 2013

running my way through winter.

I've decided that running has a mind of it's own. It's so strange to me how on my 8+ mile runs I typically feel strong and energized, but when I plan on only running 3-4 mile, I have to take it step-by-step. Today was one of those days...
It is such a mind game. When I know I will be running for a long time and my mind is prepared, it's like my body is prepared too. But when I know that I don't have to, such as a short 3 mile run, my body couldn't make it any further. I listened to a sermon once on how the mind can completely effect the way our body feels and our state of health. I believe it. I guess it's true that we can do "anything we set our mind to."
I was running with my best running pal today--Max. He typically will only go one mile with me and I have to take him home before finishing my run. Today, I got him to go two. About half way into the 2nd mile he was really slacking and I started to think that the gray hair on his chin means he is getting too old for this (he use to go up to 5 with me!). But then, sister Linds drove by us as she was on her way home for lunch. She rolled down her window to say hi and all of a sudden Max got a burst of energy. He literally sprinted and chased her car the 1/2 mile left to my parent's house, dragging me behind him. Too old for this, huh? More like too lazy...
Lindsey, you should feel loved. Our dog loves you more than me...

Happy Friday Friends!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...